Waiting is the hardest part!

It's Sunday evening and word has it that Les is getting on a flight Monday evening from Kuwait to return home. Kuwait is exactly 11 hours ahead of Pacific Standard Time. Waiting is the hardest part. I've been told so many different things from the military regarding Les's return from Iraq. Unfortunately, he was assigned RIP duty, so he has to stay an extra week in Iraq while the rest of his battalion goes home. I can honestly tell you this has been the worst experience in our lives. The waiting and the unknowing. His whole departure from Iraq has been screwed up. The military keeps delaying and delaying his arrival home. He was suppose to land in the States on Friday Nov 4th, but the military says that flights out of Kuwait have been back logged for 3 days! I can't believe it. The saddest thing is that his Troop (which will remain nameless cause I don't want to get in trouble for posting it) has scheduled their De-Mobilization ceremony set for Sunday the 13th. I know his heart will be broken if he's not back in time. The ceremony will go on with or without him. Stay tuned. I'll keep you updated.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home